Thanks to CityConnect’s community grant fund, we have a *very limited* number of vouchers available to help buy a refurbished bicycle or essential cycling accessories.
Between now and December 2020 these vouchers can provide up to £50 off purchases at Leeds Bike Mill for people aged 16 or over who would like to start travelling by bicycle to work, college or other destinations*. These vouchers are aimed to specifically help those who are on the lowest household incomes, do not have savings or a family or community safety net, who don’t cycle often or at all due to not having a bike, or the equipment needed to cycle regularly.
If you’re not sure if you should apply, consider the following questions:
- Does my household’s income generally cover my/our basic needs (without government support)?
- Can I travel to work easily?
- Can I afford to buy a bike?
- Do I have all the equipment I need to cycle more (lights, lock, helmet) – can I afford those things?
If you answered no to at least two of these questions, please read on to find out how to access a voucher:
- Check the website for bikes or accessories we have in stock (if you can’t see a bike that’s suitable for you, keep checking back as we regularly update the page with more refurbished bikes)
- If there’s something you want to view, call us to book an appointment
- We’ll invite you to complete an eligibility form
- Save money and start cycling!
If you don’t need the scheme but want to support our work to make cycling more affordable for people in Leeds, please consider making a donation today, thank you.
*Terms and conditions apply:
- We request that you do not apply if: you have an income that covers your needs and you can afford the equipment you need to be able to cycle regularly; this scheme is aimed to really support people who face significant barriers to cycling and whose lives could be transformed by access to a working bike and essential equipment.
- 1 voucher per person and 1 purchase only (i.e. if you use a voucher for £30 worth of equipment, you cannot use another voucher for more items at a later date)
- Up to £50 to be used on a refurbished adult bike or essential accessories only (additional limitations may apply)
- available to Leeds residents who are aged 16+ only
- Priority will be given to those on low incomes and who live in our local area; we reserve the right to limit voucher distribution on this basis
- You must have an appointment before applying to the scheme
- Applying to the scheme does not provide any entitlement to a voucher or discount of any kind
- We will not take orders for bicycles or accessories
- Vouchers only available while funds last.