Thanks to CityConnect’s community grant fund, we have a *very limited* number of vouchers available to help buy a refurbished bicycle or essential cycling accessories.
Between now and December 2020 these vouchers can provide up to £50 off purchases at Leeds Bike Mill for people aged 16 or over who would like to start travelling by bicycle to work, college or other destinations*. These vouchers are aimed to specifically help those who are on the lowest household incomes, do not have savings or a family or community safety net, who don’t cycle often or at all due to not having a bike, or the equipment needed to cycle regularly. We are particularly keen for these vouchers to benefit people living in our local wards of Woodhouse and Little London, Burmantofts and Richmond Hill and Gipton and Harehills.
If you’re not sure if you should apply, consider the following questions:
- Does my household’s income generally cover my/our basic needs (without government support)?
- Can I travel to work easily?
- Can I afford to buy a bike?
- Do I have all the equipment I need to cycle more (lights, lock, helmet) – can I afford those things?
If you answered no to at least two of these questions, please read on to find out how to access a voucher:
- Check the website for bikes or accessories we have in stock (if you can’t see a bike that’s suitable for you, keep checking back as we regularly update the page with more refurbished bikes)
- If there’s something you want to view, call us to book an appointment
- We’ll invite you to complete an eligibility form
- Save money and start cycling!
If you don’t need the scheme but want to support our work to make cycling more affordable for people in Leeds, please consider making a donation today, thank you.
*Terms and conditions apply:
- We request that you do not apply if: you have an income that covers your needs and you can afford the equipment you need to be able to cycle regularly; this scheme is aimed to really support people who face significant barriers to cycling and whose lives could be transformed by access to a working bike and essential equipment.
- 1 voucher per person and 1 purchase only (i.e. if you use a voucher for £30 worth of equipment, you cannot use another voucher for more items at a later date)
- Up to £50 to be used on a refurbished adult bike or essential accessories only (additional limitations may apply)
- available to Leeds residents who are aged 16+ only
- Priority will be given to those on low incomes and who live in our local area; we reserve the right to limit voucher distribution on this basis
- You must have an appointment before applying to the scheme
- Applying to the scheme does not provide any entitlement to a voucher or discount of any kind
- We will not take orders for bicycles or accessories
- Vouchers only available while funds last.