We will be offering free bike safety checks, basic repairs (see guidance further down this page) and advice on further work required on the following dates in the specified locations.
Date: Saturday 26th September 2020
Time: 10am – 2pm
Location: Outside our workshop at 37 Mabgate Green, Leeds, LS9 7DS
Supported by Cycling UK
PLEASE BOOK ONLINE. Update: bookable spaces are now full. We will have a limited number of walk-up spaces but these are highly limited so we may have to turn you away if we have reached capacity.
Date: Thursday 8th October 2020
Time: 11am – 3pm
Location: The Old Fire Station, Gipton Approach
Supported by CityConnect
This free service is for people aged 16+ who either already use their bike for everyday journeys or would like to start doing so. Please do not book with the intention of bringing a child’s bike for a service.
Covid-19 protocol: We will be outdoors however please remember to practise social distancing by remaining outside of the mechanic’s work area and keeping a 2m+ distance between yourself and others. The mechanic will wear a clean pair of gloves for each bike and disinfect contact points before handing the bike back to you.
What do we mean by safety checks and basic repairs?
We will be providing ‘M-checks’ and minor repairs that may include any of the following:
- Caliper and cable adjustment, cable and pad replacement
- Indexing, adjustment and cable replacement
- Check for wear, lubricate if required
- Puncture repair/tube replacement, inflated to recommended pressure (PSI)
- Check all nuts and bolts are correctly torqued
- Headset and bottom bracket check
- Check bar plugs and cable end caps, and replace if missing
- Maximum of 30-minutes time spent on your bike